Friday, July 3, 2009

Aye Aye Captain (Daddy)

We had such a fun July morning out on the water today. It started out a little rocky in Lake Washington but by the end we were old pros and had made it all the way to salt water and back. We've been looking forward to this boating season, no tiny tiny babies and hoping that the babies that we do have would love it. Well, at first they didn't. Here is a photo chronicle of our entire trip (hold on there are a lot of pictures).


Here is Heidi holding on for dear life and crying, "get off this boat now!"

She warmed up to the idea once we stopped but Kyla however became a little sea sick and even refused fruit snacks so we had to put the life vests back on and get a move on. This was not going well so far.

We decided to drive slowly and stop the rocking that was making Kyla's tummy hurt but not go so fast so that Heidi would start crying again.



This got Kyla feeling better and got us all the way to the Montlake bridge.

It also got us a sleeping Heidi. Things were beginning to look up.

We passed under the Montlake bridge and through the Montlake Cut and Kyla (and I) really started enjoying the scenery. I had never been by boat through this little area.

She wanted to know if a princess was trapped in that tower.



She thought this was pretty cool.




And we loved all the different reading material along the way.

We ended up in Lake Union where we saw lots of sea planes taking off up close and personal.

And Heidi woke up right in time to see all the fun and the great views of Gasworks and Seattle with her bed head and all.


I have seen dozens of these driving down the road but this was a first to actually see a "Ride the Ducks" in the water.

Even Betty Spaghetti came along for the ride.


There were a hundred "Look Dad!s"

We made it under the Aurora and Fremont bridges and headed all the way down past Mommy and Daddy's school (SPU) and practically to Ballard. Then we turned back.


Once back to the safety and semi-clean water of Lake Washington we decided to go for a swim. All four of us got in and would you believe at this point in the journey my camera died. So no swimming pictures. It was "coldy" but they both liked it. A great trip all in all. Places we had never seen by sea before, only by land. Turned the camera on for one last picture with the very last ounce of battery.


Hope to do it all again soon.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So fun! We went on the boat today too. Andrew does pretty good. He really wants to drive the boat the whole time :) I didn't know that you guys had a boat! I love boating season :)

Kristin said...

I am laughing out loud right now, I LOVE this post, I think my favorite is the pictures of Heidi's hair, I love that girl! We missed you at swimming, but it was just safety day so you did not miss much.