The first
binkyless night got off to a rough start. She never did take a nap yesterday. I think this made her extra tired and all the more wanting the
binky.
After "waking up" from nap we had the party. What is a "bye bye
binky" party you ask? Well, it looks something like this:

First, give one last suck to a few of the
binks.

Second, you put them all in a box and wrap them up.
Wave goodbye. She was very gung-ho about all of
this and just kept saying, "I'm a big girl now!"

Next, take the box out to the mailbox to send them to some babies who need them. These
binkies were "sent" to Baby Mickey, Baby Minnie, Baby
Enzo, & Baby
Colton.

Then, you start the real party! A gift for being such a big girl.

If you know me, you know that I am not the biggest fan of character clothes (just my personal preference). So this was a VERY special treat. I knew she would just LOVE it and was hoping it would sooth the need for the
binky that night.

Lastly, you eat cupcakes and hope for the best.
The party was a major success and there were no tears....until later that night. It was so sad. She just kept crying for it and saying, "I want my binky back!" After a lot of crying she FINALLY fell asleep and slept through the night.
We're just about to go into our first binkyless nap (in 30 minutes). We'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting success, its still early but I think she's doing a pretty good (and cute) job of being a "big girl."
4 comments:
It was very sad....another of my favorite (and heart wrenching) cries was "I can't do it! I can't do it!" She really wanted that thing back last night.
Those kind of cries make it hard to be a parent. Stay strong:-)
Poor little baby, I don't want her to be a big girl!!
Hope night 2 goes better. I had to laugh at the character t-shirt gift. My girls would be over the moon with any clothing with characters on it. I am a mean mommy:-)
Post a Comment