Thursday, June 4, 2009

Splish Splash


Chelsea and I took the girls to the Lake Wilderness beach park. We have been really enjoying this HOT weather for the last couple of weeks and have been including a water activity every day. The girls love it. As soon as we got there, there was NO hesitation. They jumped right in.
Heidi kept doing this. She would say, "Look Mom!" and then bend down and get her hair wet in the water. Of course her head is touching the dirt here. The water isn't even an inch deep. You can imagine how dirty she got.
She literally did this twenty times.

She would stand up and swing her wet bangs into the air and laugh every time.
Before we left for the Beach Chels pulled this brand new SUPER CUTE swim suit out to show me. I almost said something to her about how she might not want to let Pearson wear it. I knew these girls were going to get so dirty and sand is so hard to get out of a swim suit. But I didn't say anything. Look how cute she is in it.
It turned out to be fine because Pearson, unlike my girls did not get anything dirty but her feet. Even that was not her favorite at first. She was so cute walking around with her sippy looking at Heidi and Kyla like they were out of their minds.


I tried to convince them that this would be a great idea but no one fully bought into it. Kyla did put her leg in the sprinkler but no one would run through.

I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of summer days at LW gettin' dirty or as Kyla would say playing in the "muddy mud."

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the way you captured the light in the 2nd pic of Heidi with her hair in the water, great photography! Looks like a fun day!

Bart and Krista said...

That looks like so much fun! I hear it's HOT in Seattle!