Heidi had her first successful trip to the dentist today. When I say first successful trip, I mean she's been there before and it didn't go so well. She wouldn't let anyone lay a single finger on her. Today was different. She didn't even bat an eyelash. She got up on the chair, let them brush, floss, scrape, and she even did flouride trays. All of it was no big deal to her. She seemed to enjoy it.
The funny thing is that for the last couple of months whenever I ask Kyla what she wants to be when she grow up her standard answer is "a rock star." Heidi's is "a dentist." I don't know where the dentist thing came from.
This dentist gave out a lot of loot. Toys, chapstick, princess flossers, stickers, A LOT OF STUFF. Heidi was most into the regular old dental floss and the pretend mirror they gaver her to play dentist with.
She's been flossing since we got home.
Update on Kyla's "gray tooth" It's fine, we need to continue to watch it and it will fall out on schedule between the ages of six and eight.




2 comments:
Glad I read the last sentence: I was just going to ask!
Watch out! I used to play "dentist" with Shawna and Tanya in the bathroom upstairs. We had one of those tall bar stool chairs and would brush, floss and make each other spit it out in the sink. Tell Heidi dental school is way overrated----
just marry one instead.
Post a Comment