Thursday, September 24, 2009

us now...our shows

The start of fall means better TV. Since this blog is called "us now" I decided to document what each of our family members is watching now.

Monday night is football night. Of course Sunday usually is too. There is nothing on that I want to watch on Mondays and so typically I'm on the computer or reading and Casey is watching a game. I told him last week, "watching football on TV is really like reading gibberish to me." No matter how hard I try (I probably haven't tried very hard) I don't get it. Since the Major golf tourneys are over, there isn't too much action on the Golf Channel these days!


Tuesdays I/we usually watch the Biggest Loser. I could really take or leave this show and would never watch it on DVR. The 2nd hour of the show is the best...the weigh in. All the workout drama gets a little old.









Wednesdays are So You Think You Can Dance! Casey does not share my interest and usually reads while I watch it. It hasn't gotten good yet because they are still in the audition stage (a bit like American Idol). It won't be my favorite part (the top 20) for a few more weeks.






Every one loves Thursdays.

It's the Office. Casey laughed particularly hard last week.



Thursdays also mean Project Runway. One of my most favorite shows. Can't wait to see it tonight. I still don't quite know who my favorite is. Casey is asleep when I watch this. It's not on until 10.







Fridays are one of my long time favorites, Monk. Most people haven't really heard of Monk but I LOVE it. Mr. Monk is an OCD detective. This is the final season. Only a few more episodes left. Sad. When Monk marathons come on USA network I have seen them all. Kyla will come downstairs sometimes after we've put them to bed and say, "Mom, are you watching Monk?"


Saturdays are lame TV days/nights.


Sundays is Mad Men. I have never actually watched an episode of Mad Men on Sunday. I really have only seen it once other than yesterday. Yesterday while my kids were at the fair with Grandma and Papa I watched 4 or 5 episodes On Demand. My mom loves the show and I have to say I will probably add it to the list. Casey doesn't even know about this one.




I did say this was what the family was watching now. Well, Kyla and Heidi only want to watch one thing....Yo Gabba Gabba. Yep, this weird little show is the only thing they ask for. I'm not really sure why they love it so much except for the fact that its mostly songs.
When you lay it all out like that it seems like we watch a lot of TV!




6 comments:

Chelsea Bell said...

Great idea for a post (says the avid tv watcher)...

Kristi said...

Love Project Runway! Can't believe you don't watch Gossip Girl or 90210...so good. I think I watch WAY more t.v. than you!!!

Sara said...

I just started watching Vampire Diaries on the CW. It's totally teen but whatever... I shall live vicariously! I may have to look into this Mad Men thing. I've been hearing lots about it lately.

Bart and Krista said...

I LOVE biggest loser! It is one of my favorites. I especially love watching it if I am at the gym too. The Office is one of my favorites as well.... LOST is my ultimate favorite, but it's not on until after Christmas. We don't have cable, so I have only 'heard' of some of your favorite shows.

Anonymous said...

How is Sunday MadMen?
1) You're right! I don't even know about this....so how can it be a staple?
2) I've been faithfully watching the Hawks every Sunday for the past 25 years of my life.....No Respect!

Hannah, Here! said...

I love Monk! So sad it's over. I have every season on DVD! My favorite line is when the bomb exploded by him and he starts yelling, "Howdy Doody was a puppet!" Hahaha...gets me every time.