Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Dad is Great

Today was pumpkin carving day...I know, more pumpkins! Heidi even worked on gutting her own little punkin. She kept taking tastes and licks of the raw pumpkin goo. Kinda gross but hey, whatever.

Dad cut the tops off all the pumpkins and we took the insides out. Then, I carved 3 out of the 4 pumpkins in about 15 minutes. Basic Jack-o-lantern faces and one tiny Mickey Mouse (just 3 circles).

Classic Kyla face, even though she is enjoying the experience very much. Once our carving experience had ended dad was still at work on the last pumpkin. You can see the girls have moved on to eating lunch. There is even football on in the background but he's still using a tiny saw to work on his creation.

Ta-da! It's Snow White likeness carved into a pumpkin. Awesome job! That is why this post is titled "Our Dad is Great." They loved it and of course it is their favorite.


9 comments:

Kristi said...

Nice job Casey!!! Love the Snow White pumpkin. AZ, you did a good job too :)

The Davis Family said...

Awesome job! :) Those are some good looking pumpkins!! In your 365 blog it looks like you have a new camera??? :) Is it the one you blogged about a few weeks ago....how do you like it??

Andrea said...

No I don't have a new camera...just wishing for one. :)

Andrea said...

Oh, Jen I see why you might have thought that. That's the camera I have had for a couple of years. Its a Nikon P80. It's a upscale point and shoot (it works well but its not an SLR...that's what I really want. :)

Chelsea Bell said...

GOOD thing Casey always carries a knife-it is almost always useful (whether cutting tags off new clothes or pumpkin carving!)

Amy said...

Wow, tell Casey I am VERY impressed! And your pumpkins are nice too, Andrea:)

The Davis Family said...

Maybe Santa will bring you one if your good?? :-))

Lisa said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Heather said...

Wow, so cute!