Thursday, June 30, 2011

hawaiian adventures

We mostly layed around and lounged by the pool and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and warm weather but we did have a few "adventures" while we were in Hawaii.

I snorkeled...big whoop right? Well, I've done it every time I've been to Hawaii but each time it gives me the same kind of anxiety. Similar to, but not quite as bad, as swimming in the water with a thousand or so other people in a triathlon- the claustrophobia not to mention the possibility something might just get you under there just makes my heart race. But I did it and I saw the biggest sea turtle of my life. I would also like to say that Kyla and Heidi both tried snorkeling too. They did pretty good. Both got the gear on and both put their heads under. Maybe next time it can be full fledged. 

We hiked down to the blow holes and back up. Here are a few photos from that journey.

Tyler taking iPhone pictures...he has several "art house" pieces now. See them HERE.

The blow hole. Pretty impressive.

 My husband doing Parkour. If you don't know what that is you should watch THIS CLIP from the Office.
 Awwww.....

The real adventurers did the Zipline. My mom, Chandler, and Casey climbed to crazy heights and then zipped down to the ground.

The little girls did a little tree climbing of their own at the Banyan tree.

And my personal favorite. We're cruising down the road and I asked the girls if they would get out for a picture with this Great White. They didn't even skip a beat. They were all for it, hopped out of their carseats, and stood next to it for a photo op. Kyla did say, "Don't touch it Heidi! It might fall over."

2 comments:

daphne said...

so fun! k, so i don't know what parkour is, but this looks like an impersonation my hubby does..haha!! so fuuny :)

Coleson & Tate said...

Coleson especially liked the shark photo.