Thursday, December 23, 2010

christmas cats & a bowl full of gluten

Last night was the CrossFit Basic Ugly Sweater Christmas Party. I do not participate in the crazy Crossfit workouts but a lot of people near and dear to me do. This party was a potluck. A potluck?? What are you supposed to bring for a bunch of gluten free paleo health nuts i.e. my brother-in-law? I chose to bring...what I labeled "a gluten casserole" aka cheesy buttery mac and cheese filled with sugar coated caramelized onions. YUM! It was fitting since Casey gets teased that all I ever serve him for dinner is pasta, beer, and bread. The mac did get eaten...I guess everyone gives a little for the holidays. I STILL think Casey should have taken first prize for ugliest sweater...but he didn't.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um... C&T's sweaters are CUTE not ugly! but wow. that cat sweater. WOW. merry christmas, andrea!

Chelsea Bell said...

The sequence of pictures is classic. I do think casey's with the red attached eyelet collar was the best...

Holly said...

The fact that Casey did not win is a complete travesty. How is it even possible? No offense to the owner of that sweater, but it is baaaad. And the back? It made me laugh right out loud. Thanks for sharing, Andrea...I LOVED IT!

Coleson & Tate said...

I agree, C&T's sweaters are on the cute side ;) and Casey's is awesome, in a should have won for the worst sort of way! :) looks fun. and yay for you taking the ooey gooey casserole ;)