We had our Second Annual Lang Cousin Christmas Progressive Dinner this weekend. Eight cousins (there are many more who were not in attendance) and their spouse/significant other....16 people in total. I wish I would have had my camera on the right setting. None of the pictures turned out very good especially of people...except this cute one of Chels.
1st stop Tyler and Chelsea's for cocktail hour.
Very festive!
2nd stop Joey and Taryn's for this delicious squash soup. YUM!
Joey made that creme sauce on top by pureeing a piece of pumpkin pie.
3rd stop- our house. Now this was A LOT of pressure. When you are used to eating Joey's gourmet style food at all family events (the guy pureed pumpkin pie and put it on top of soup for heaven sakes) it can be intimidating to say the least but I took on the challenge with the help of the Pioneer Woman. I braised 32 short ribs...that's right 32 pieces of meat layed out on the counter is A LOT. You've got to try this recipe. It's really good. Making it for two is much easier though. I would recommend trying that first. I put it on top of goat cheese polenta- sounds fancy...it's not. It's corn meal and water. I had never had it til last week but I liked it. It doesn't look very appetizing but it was very tasty.
And last stop...Tim & Shannon's for Shannon & Melissa's bread pudding with homemade Cinnamon ice cream! Really good. At this point we were stuffed but Casey and I took home first prize playing a rather crazy form of the Newlywed game.
Once again, a really fun night. Looking forward to it for next year...I will not be doing the main course.




1 comment:
officially impressed. go you! what a fun night!
Post a Comment